Councilmembers Joe Buscaino (CD) 15 and Curren Price (CD 9) have put forward a new Street Vending Proposal to be considered in a hearing at City Hall December 12, 1pm:
- Street vending will be allowed City-wide from 7a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Vending will be prohibited in residential neighborhoods with the exception of roaming pushcart vendors.
- 2 vendors per block in commercial areas with the consent of the adjacent business or property owner and other protections.
- Ability of neighborhoods to opt-out with some limitations.
- Enforcement by LAPD and Bureau of Engineering is discussed but specifics have not yet been provided.
- A review of this policy within one year.