The City of Los Angeles Department of Neighborhood Empowerment is excited to offer a leadership program designed for youth and young adults aged 14-24. Civic Youth Leadership Academy will prepare you as a civic leader to actively engage in your Neighborhood Council and the Los Angeles community. This program is focused on supporting the voice of youth in Neighborhood Councils and is a great opportunity to meet other civically engaged youth from across the city!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Community Organizing: a focus area for those interested in women’s and immigrant’s rights
- Sustainability: a focus area for those interested in environmental stewardship
- Arts: a focus area for those interested in meaningful, creative expression
A Leadership Training program that will prepare youth to be effective leaders in their community and Neighborhood Council.
Youth and young adults aged 14-24 who are active in their Neighborhood Councils and communities.
Summer 2017, 9 am–noon:
June 12, 19, 26, July 10, 17, 24, 31, August 7
Civic Youth will take place in Downtown Los Angeles.
June 01– *Extended Application Deadline
June 09– Decision Notification
You’ll gain critical skills in:
- Participating in local government
- Engaging with your Neighborhood Council
- Effective outreach and community organizing